Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
ISO 27005 Risk Manager Course Overview
Net Security Training’s ISO/IEC 27005 enables you to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to initiate the implementation of an information security risk management process. Therefore, it proves that you are able to identify, assess, analyze, evaluate and treat various information security risks faced by organizations. Moreover, it enables you to support organizations prioritize risks and undertake appropriate actions to reduce and mitigate them.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27005 Information Security Risk Management ISO/IEC 27005 Certificate will prove that you have:
- Gained the necessary skills to support an effective implementation of an information security risk management process in an organization.
- Acquired the expertise to responsibly manage an information security risk management process and ensure conformity with legal and regulatory requirements.
- The ability to manage an information security and risk management team.
- The ability to support an organization to align their ISMS objectives with ISRM process objectives.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
Day 1 – Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002
- Course objectives and structure
- Concepts and definitions of risk
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Implementing a risk management programme
- Understanding the organization and its context
Day 2 – Implementation of a risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Day 3 – Overview of other Information Security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- OCTAVE Method
- MEHARI Method
- EBIOS Method
- Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment (TRA) Method
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course corresponds with the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform an optimal Information Security Risk Assessment and timely manage Information Security risks.
Who should attend?
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective risk management process according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations in Information Security Risk Management best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Information Security Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on cases studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
These course will interest you too!
PCIAA Boot Camp
Practitioner Certificate in Information Assurance Architecture
Lead SCADA Security Manager
Who should attend
• Internal auditors
• Auditors wanting to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
• Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Information Security Management System audit process
• CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
• Members of an information security team
• Expert advisors in information technology
• Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information security audit function