Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
CDP Course Overview
Net Security Training’s Certificate in Data Protection training course will broaden your understanding of the laws concerning the Data Protection Act ” DPA” and its practical application. It incorporates the latest changes and updates outlined in the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the way it works with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations founded in 2003. Our BCS CDP training course is taught inline with the DPA of 1998 and the BCS requirement making an effective preparation for the expertise tested in the CDP certification exam. Our Certificate in Data Protection, CDP, training course and is aimed towards individuals who have a degree of responsibility for data protection within any organisation. However, the CDP training course and certification are also useful for individuals who want to broaden their understanding of this area.
Those experienced in data protection issues, as well as those new to the subject, need to be trained so that their organisations are confident that legal compliance is continually addressed. It is necessary to identify issues requiring expert data protection advice in good time in order that organisational reputation and credibility are enhanced through relevant data protection policies and procedures.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
The aim of the syllabus is to promote an understanding of how the data protection principles work rather than simply focusing on the mechanics of regulation. The syllabus places the Act in the context of human rights and promotes good practice within organisations. On attaining the certificate, award holders will possess:
- an appreciation of the broader context of the Act.
- an understanding of the way in which the Act and the Privacy and Electronic
- Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 work
- a broad understanding of the way associated legislation relates to the Act
- an understanding of what has to be done to achieve compliance
- a recognised qualification in data protection
ISEB Data Protection Syllabus
- What is privacy?
- History of data protection legislation in the UK
- The Law
- Data Protection Act
- The definitions
- The Role of the Commissioner
- Carrying out s42 assessments
- Codes of Practice
- The Data Protection Principles
- Individual Rights
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- Associated legislation
- How to comply with the Act
- Addressing scenarios in specific areas
- Data processing topics
These course will interest you too!
Our Certificate in Data Protection, CDP, training course and is aimed towards individuals who have a degree of responsibility for data protection within any organisation.
Who should attend
This training is only intended for individuals preparing for the CDP certification exam.