Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
CLSSP Course Overview
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to plan, design, and implement an effective program to protect SCADA systems. Participants will be able to understand common Industrial Control System (ICS) threats, vulnerabilities, and risks related to ICS systems and how they can be managed. This training focuses on a mix of knowledge and skills related to SCADA/ICS security.
The course has been designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in SCADA and Industrial Control Systems Security. Unlike other certifications, this course focuses specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional looking to advise on, or manage risks related to SCADA environments and systems. Given the high profile nature, and the significant impacts associated with such environments, a holistic professional approach to security is needed and that is exactly what this course is designed to provide.
In addition to presenting the theoretical knowledge needed by a Lead SCADA Security Manager, a comprehensive methodology for the implementation is presented. Thus, at the end of this course, participants will gain knowledge on how to effectively implement a security program for SCADA/ ICS systems.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
- To understand and explain the purpose and risks to SCADA Systems, Distributed Control Systems and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- To understand the risks faced by these environments and the appropriate approaches to manage such risks.
- To develop the expertise to support a pro-active SCADA security program including policies and vulnerability management.
- To define and design network architecture incorporating defense in depth security controls for SCADA.
- To explain the relationship between management, operational and technical controls in a SCADA security program.
- To develop suitable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans to support the delivery of availability requirements
- To be able to manage a program of effective security testing activities.
Day 1: Introduction to SCADA and ICS with Fundamental Principles
- Course objective and structure
- Fundamental principles and concepts of SCADA and SCADA Security
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS) characteristics, threats and vulnerabilities
Day 2: Designing a Security Program and Network Security Architecture
- SCADA Security Program, design, development and implementation
- Risk assessment
- Network security architecture for SCADA Systems
Day 3: Implementing ICS Security Controls, Incident Management and Business Continuity
- Development and implementation of security controls for SCADA Systems
- Incident management in relation to SCADA
- Linkage to Business Continuity
- Monitoring, measurement analysis and evaluation of SCADA security
Day 4: Security testing of SCADA systems
- Testing principles
- Legal and ethical issues
- Penetration testing approaches
- Security testing of ICS
- Management of a penetration test
- Documentation of the test, quality review and report
- Maintaining a testing program
Day 5: Certification Exam
These course will interest you too!
CISSP Boot Camp
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CISMP Boot Camp
Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
CASP Boot Camp
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
Who should attend
This training is only intended for Security professionals wanting to gain SCADA security professional skills.