Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation Overview
With GDPR Training you can make sure you are compliant in May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should adhere to this regulation. By attending the GDPR Course and earning the GDPR Certification you will ensure your organisation does not get fined. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organisations that operate in the European Union (EU) and handle EU citizens’ data.
GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security breaches. By May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should comply with this regulation.
Why is the General Data Protection Regulation important for you?
Considering that data breaches have become highly sophisticated in the recent years, the need for data protection has increased as well.
Information Security is crucial to the success of any organization since it deals with the protection of sensitive data from unauthorized access, use, replication and destruction. As such, organizations should put in place measures and controls to manage and diminish Information Security risks and comply with GDPR requirements. In case organizations fail to comply with the GDPR requirements, the penalties can reach up to 2% of an organization’s annual turnover. Also, in case of more serious infringements, the penalties can amount to 4% of an organization’s annual revenue. The implementation of a Privacy Framework, on the other hand, will allow professionals to develop and implement reliable controls that are generally accepted.
This GDPR Course and becoming a Certified Data Protection Officer will enable you to acquire the necessary expertise to understand the risks that could have a negative impact on your organization and implement the required strategic responses based on the GDPR best practices, requirements and principles.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
- Introduction to GDPR and Data Protection Principles
- Course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Controller and processor
- Data Protection Officer and Security of Personal Data
- Data Protection Officer
- Security of Personal Data and Data Protection
- Impact Assessment
- Transfers of Personal Data to Third Countries or
- International Organizations
- Provisions Relating to Specific Processing Situations
- Remedies, Liability And Penalties
- Information Security, Incident Management and Business Continuity
- Information Security Management System
- Incident Management
- Business Continuity
- European Data Protection Board and Supervisory Authorities
- Independent Supervisory Authorities
- Competence, tasks and powers
- Cooperation and consistency
- European Data Protection Board
- Codes of conduct and certification
- Closing the training
- Certification Exam
These course will interest you too!
CTIA Boot Camp
CompTIA Security +
Security for IT Practitioners
Information Security Training
Lead Implementer,Information Security Training, Information Assurance
Why should you attend?
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including: privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team
- Expert advisors in security of personal data
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection