Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
Lead SCADA Course Overview
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organisation in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
- To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System
- To understand the relationship between the components of an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organisation in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27001
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of information security management
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 27002 and ISO 27003 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Information Security
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the level of the maturity level of an existing information security management system based on ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an ISMS
Day 2: Planning the implementation of ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Defining the scope of an ISMS
- Development of an ISMS and information security policies
- Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO/IEC 27005
- Drafting the Statement of Applicability
Day 3: Implementing ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of controls and writing procedures
- Implementation of controls
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the information security
- Incident management (based on guidance from ISO 27035)
- Operations management of an ISMS
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring, measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
- Controlling and Monitoring the ISMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards in accordance with ISO 27004
- ISO/IEC 27001 internal Audit
- Management review of an ISMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
These course will interest you too!
Who should attend
This training is only intended for individuals preparing for the SCADA certification exam.