CREST is an organization that serves the needs of technical information security at the marketplace. CREST Practitioner Analyst is the first level exam which is conducted to test the candidate’s knowledge and soft skills. It is an entry-level exam for which is compulsory for CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA). CPIA is eligibility criteria for CRIA.IT is compulsory to be a CPIA certified practitioner if one to look for CRIA. Once a candidate’s qualified CPIA he/she can apply for CRIA, even one fails in CRIA they still hold CPIA certificate. It primary provides the baseline for better understanding of higher studies and produces a quality practitioner.
It tests a candidates knowledge in the aspect of technicality and practical skills which is initially required to be possessed by a candidate. This course covers areas which are prominently required such as
- Network Intrusion: – Detecting unauthorized activity over a network and understanding how does attack works, hot to trace it and how to handle it. Proper knowledge about network intrusion will help to block the intruders.
- Malware Reverse Engineering: – It is an in-depth study of computer and network security and also the understanding of threats such as viruses, worms, bots etc. As they affect the computer by malicious activity so understanding them is prior in case of networking.
- Host Intrusion Detection System: – It works the same as that of network intrusion. It basically monitors and analyzes the internal working model of the computer system and its network packets.
This course is basically helpful for one to prepare for practice as professional and endures practical knowledge and soft skills among candidate. It covers all the initial knowledge which is required in engineering and forensics. . In-depth knowledge about the course concerning all the areas to build-up a strong candidate for the basic and higher level of exam that is CREST Registered intrusion analyst (CRIA).It provides all the essential knowledge and exposure
- It helps to create a better incident response team.
- A good technically sound candidate for next level that is CREST registered intrusion analyst (CRIA).
- Expansion of knowledge in a division of digital forensics.
- Expansion of knowledge in a division of investigation and pieces of evidence.
- It is beneficial for law enforcement officers who tend to expand their investigation skills.
- For a system administrator, it provides them with all baseline skills.
The wide range of expansion in technical knowledge of ICT and experience in network/server administration.
Complete reference assessment, the topic quiz with corresponding topics tests for better and in-depth understanding of topics. In-depth it covers how to detect an attack, how to handle it, how to trace it. It helps to improvise investigating, analyzing the incident.
It not only increases the candidate’s technical knowledge and skills but also prepares for further higher studies which requires a strong baseline in practical skills covering all the aspects. It primarily covers all the topic and enhances tenaciously a candidate’s knowledge for better understanding in the advanced course. It helps one to develop as a better CREST Practitioner Analyst. IT helps information security managers who wants o evolve more as in understanding security implications.