Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
CCNP Course Overview
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognise threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasises core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
Secure Cisco routers
- Secure Cisco routers using the SDM Security Audit feature
- Use the One-Step Lockdown feature in SDM to secure a Cisco router
- Secure administrative access to Cisco routers by setting strong encrypted passwords, exec timeout, login failure rate and using IOS login enhancements
- Secure administrative access to Cisco routers by configuring multiple privilege levels
- Secure administrative access to Cisco routers by configuring role based CLI
- Secure the Cisco IOS image and configuration file
Implement AAA on Cisco routers using local router database and external ACS
- Explain the functions and importance of AAA
- Describe the features of TACACS+ and RADIUS AAA protocols
- Configure AAA authentication
- Configure AAA authorization
- Configure AAA accounting
Mitigate threats to Cisco routers and networks using ACLs
- Explain the functionality of standard, extended, and named IP Access Control List used by routers to filter packets
- Configure and verify IP ACLs to mitigate given threats (filter IP traffic destined for Telnet, SNMP, and DDoS attacks) in a network using CLI
- Configure IP ACLs to prevent IP address spoofing using CLI
- Discuss the caveats to be considered when building ACLs
Implement secure network management and reporting
- Use CLI and SDM to configure SSH on Cisco routers to enable secured management access
- Use CLI and SDM to configure Cisco routers to send Syslog messages to a Syslog server
Mitigate Common Layer 2 attacks
- Describe how to prevent layer 2 attacks by configuring basic Catalyst switch security features
Implement the Cisco IOS firewall feature set using SDM
- Describe the operational strengths and weaknesses of the different firewall technologies
- Explain stateful firewall operations and the function of the state table
- Implement Zone Based Firewall using SDM
Implement the Cisco IOS IPS feature set using SDM
- Define network based vs. host based intrusion detection and prevention
- Explain IPS technologies, attack responses, and monitoring options
- Enable and verify Cisco IOS IPS operations using SDM
Implement site-to-site VPNs on Cisco Routers using SDM
- Explain the different methods used in cryptography
- Explain IKE protocol functionality and phases
- Describe the building blocks of IPSec and the security functions it provides
- Configure and verify an IPSec site-to-site VPN with pre-shared key authentication using SDM
These course will interest you too!
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security
C-Registered Penetration Tester
Implement and Manage
Who should attend
This training is only intended for individuals preparing for the CCNP certification exam.
Audit & Review
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Management & Leadership
Risk Assessment / Risk Management
Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)