Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst
This course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practicing professional. This is the first cross discipline course of its’ kind that covers the essential knowledge and skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.
This course raises the bar and sets a new security baseline for aspiring Intrusion Analysis and Digital Forensics professionals. Every team member should take this course before embarking upon their very own, more specialised, career path.
You will learn how to detect an attack, how to handle it, how to trace and acquire the evidence, investigate, analyse and re-construct the incident. We then lay the groundwork for malware analysis by presenting the key tools and techniques malware analysts use to examine malicious programs. Quizzes and tests throughout, with feedback, re-enforce the knowledge and prepare you for the CPIA multiple choice exam.
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Engagement Lifecycle Management
- Incident Chronology
- Law & Compliance
- Threat Assessment
Core Technical Skills
- IP Protocols
- Network Architectures
- Common Classes of Tools
- OS Fingerprinting
- Application fingerprinting
- Network Access Control Analysis
- Applications of Cryptography
- File System Permissions
- Host Analysis Techniques
- Understanding Common Data Formats
Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Registration Records
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Open Source Investigation and Web Enumeration
- Extraction of Document Meta Data
- Community Knowledge
Networking Intrusion Analysis
- Network Traffic Capture
- Data Sources and Network Log Sources
- Network Configuration Security Issues
- Unusual Protocol Behaviour
- Command and Control Channels
- Exfiltration of Data
- Incoming Attacks
- Internal Spread and Privilege Escalation
- False Positive Acknowledgement
Analysing Host Intrusions
- Host-based Data Acquisition
- Live Analysis Laboratory Setup
- Windows File System Essentials
- Windows File Structures
- Application File Structures
- Windows Registry Essentials
- Identifying Suspect Files
- Storage Media
- Memory Analysis
- Infection Vectors
- Malware Behaviours and Anti-Forensics
- Rootkit Identification
- Live Malware Analysis
Reverse Engineering Malware
- Windows Anti-Reverse Engineering
- Functionality Identification
- Windows NT Architecture
- Windows API Development
- Binary code structure
- Cryptographic Techniques
- Processor Architectures
- Windows Executable File Formats
- Hiding Techniques
- Malware Reporting
- Binary Obfuscation
- Behavioural Analysis
These course will interest you too!
CREST Registered Tester
CLFE Boot Camp
Certified Lead Forensics Examiner
WebApp Boot Camp
Web Application Security
A good appreciation of the technical aspects of ICT and one year’s experience in network / server administration. Network+ and CISMP is recommended.
Who should attend
This training is intended for professionals concerned with the CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst and and preparing for the CPIA certification exam.
Management & Leadership
NOTE: The materials for the CEH classes have been developed specifically for NST and are not endorsed, sponsored or delivered by EC-Council. The goal of the course is to prepare security professionals for the CEH exam. NST is not a partner of the EC-Council CISSP® is a registered trademark of (ISC)2®
CEH® are EC Council registered trademarks