Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst
This is the first cross discipline course of its’ kind that covers the essential knowledge and hands-on practical skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics, and malware reverse engineering.
This course raises the bar and sets a new security baseline for existing practitioners and aspiring Intrusion Analysis and Digital Forensics professionals. Every team member should take this course at some point along their career path. Following this course, a student may challenge the CREST core skills exam resulting in the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) professional qualification.
You will learn how to detect an attack, how to handle it, how to trace and acquire the evidence, investigate, analyse and re-construct the incident. We then lay the groundwork for malware analysis by presenting the key tools and techniques malware analysts use to examine malicious programs. Practical exercises throughout ensure that the skills learned can be put to work immediately and that you are prepared for the CRIA practical exam.
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an Incident Response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Incident Chronology
- Record Keeping, Interim Reporting and Final Results
Core Technical Skills
- IP Protocols
- Common Classes of Tools
- Application fingerprinting
- Network Access Control Analysis
- Host Analysis Techniques
Networking Intrusion Analysis
- Data Sources and Network Log Sources
- Command and Control Channels
- Exfiltration of Data
- Incoming Attacks
- Internal Spread and Privilege Escalation
- False Positive Acknowledgement
Analysing Host Intrusions
- Windows File System Essentials
- Windows File Structures
- Application File Structures
- Windows Registry Essentials
- Identifying Suspect Files
- Memory Analysis
- Infection Vectors
- Live Malware Analysis
Reverse Engineering Malware
- Functionality Identification
- Processor Architectures
- Windows Executable File Formats
- Behavioural Analysis
These course will interest you too!
CREST Registered Tester
CLFE Boot Camp
Certified Lead Forensics Examiner
WebApp Boot Camp
Web Application Security
A pass at CPIA level is a pre-requisite for the Intrusion Analyst examination.
Who should attend
This training is intended for individuals who wish to have a rewarding and lucrative career in the Cyber Security world.
Management & Leadership
NOTE: The materials for the CEH classes have been developed specifically for NST and are not endorsed, sponsored or delivered by EC-Council. The goal of the course is to prepare security professionals for the CEH exam. NST is not a partner of the EC-Council CISSP® is a registered trademark of (ISC)2®
CEH® are EC Council registered trademarks