Select course by Certification/Exam Body or by Topic Below
Cybersecurity Fundamentals Overview
Cybersecurity skills are in high demand, as threats continue to plague enterprises around the world. An overwhelming majority of professionals surveyed by ISACA recognise this and plan to work in a position that requires cybersecurity knowledge.
To fill this gap, ISACA has developed the Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate, which provides education and verification of skills in this area.
After taking the Cyber Security Fundamentals training, an individual is prepared for the ICASA exam. But more importantly, he or she is able to:
- • Develop a policy for home users and those on-the-move, applicable to all devices, to protect data ‘in transit’ and at rest.
- • Produce security polices to cover use of the systems – establish a staff training programme – ensure user awareness of cyber risks.
- • Put in place an incident response and disaster recovery system, and test them Provide specialist training in incident management – and always report criminal incidents to law enforcement.
- • Set up an information risk structure, ensure that the Board is ‘on board’ and that management understands the risks.
- • Establish management processes to deal with, and limit, access to sensitive ‘privileged’ data and information. Monitor user activity, control access and activity, and audit activity logs.
- • Have a policy in place to control and limit access to sensitive removable media (Blu-ray discs, CDs, DVDs, memory cards, zip and floppy discs, magnetic tapes, punched cards and tapes), and scan all media for malware before importing on to a corporate system.
- • Continuously monitor all ICT systems and networks – analyse logs for unusual activity that could indicate an attack.
- • Ensure that an organisation understands the importance of applying and maintaining a security policy on your IT systems, applications and networks (Configuration Management). Define a baseline build for all ICT devices.
- • Establish anti-malware defences that are applicable and relevant to all business areas. Scan for malware across the organisation.
- • Protect your networks from internal and external attack. Filter out unauthorised access and malicious content, and monitor and test security controls.
Classroom based small, highly interactive sessions.
Widest range of Cyber courses – Select on your exact needs.
The best content developed by qualified professionals.
Great value – Exceptional quality at a great price.
British Computer Society
Book Your Course
Not sure which course is right for you?
Call us on 020 8840 4496 and we’ll help you try and find the best course for you.
Email us for best price!
With cybersecurity threats continuing to rise and the growing shortage of appropriately-equipped security professionals worldwide, ISACA’s Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate program is the perfect way to quickly train entry-level employees and ensure they have the skills and knowledge they need to be successful. In addition to individual opportunities to purchase and take the exam, enterprise-wide training programs will be coming soon.
This Cyber Security Fundamentals training course is for individuals preparing to take the ISACA’s Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate exam. In this course, professionals will learn the 5 knowledge areas as determined by ISACA:
- Cyber Security Concepts
- Cyber Security Architecture Principles
- Security of Networks, Systems, Applications, and Data
- Incident Response
- Security of Evolving Technology
These course will interest you too!
Who should attend
The certificate is particularly relevant for recent college/university graduates, entry level professionals and those looking for a career change to cybersecurity.The certificate program is also one of the best ways to gain foundational knowledge in cybersecurity and begin to build your skills and knowledge in this crucial area. The program helps you gain the skills and education you need to begin your career, but it is also designed to stay with you every step beyond.