ISO 27001 requires that individuals of an organization in charge of security (basically information) management have the necessary competence or ability which can be demonstrated by means of experience, knowledge or education.
Just by attending the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course can lead you to become the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor. Let’s find out if this is certainly true.
1. Generate Audit Leads: Becoming the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, which involves a team of auditors performing ISO 27001 audit, you need to have experience in at least three complete ISMS audits.
After you finish all these steps, you will be able to perform the ISMS audits as the team leader. So, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course is just the beginning of your journey. The implementation project should begin by appointing a project leader, one willing to collaborate with members of staff in creating a project mandate. In order to achieve this, you should personally ask yourself these questions.
• What am I aimed at (what you want to achieve)?
• How much commitment am I willing to spare?
• What will it cost me?
2. Risk Assessment: Finding success really is to understand and able to manipulate context of your purpose ISO 27001 does not prescribe a specific risk assessment methodology, it does require the risk assessment to be a formal process. This implies that the process must be planned, and the data, analysis, and results must be recorded. Prior to conducting a risk assessment, the baseline security criteria need to be established, which refer to the organization’s business, legal, and regulatory requirements and contractual obligations as they relate to information security. and understanding your impact in maintaining positive achievement so that you can actually build your ISMS in the right path of your business and protect those processes that really do need to be controlled from a security point of view.
3. Undertaking training: ISO 27006 requires you to go through a trainee program (or similar) during which you will attend real certification audits (done by more experienced colleagues) where you will learn how to perform such audits. After this training, you’ll be entitled to perform ISMS audits as part of the audit team. If you want your personnel to implement all the new policies and procedures, first you have to explain to them why they are necessary and train your people to be able to perform as expected; achieving that can only be doe if you have been trained well and with experience during your study. The absence of these activities is the second most common reason for ISO 27001 project failure.
4. The measure, monitor, and review: ISO 27001 support a process of continual improvement. This requires that the performance of the ISMS be constantly analyzed and reviewed for effectiveness and compliance, in addition to identifying improvements to existing processes and controls. You will also need to develop a process to determine, review and maintain the competencies necessary to achieve your ISMS objectives. This involves conducting a needs analysis and defining a desired level of competence.
5. Perform internal audits: commonly, people don’t notice they are doing something wrong sometimes they do, but they don’t want anyone to find out about it). But being unaware of existing or potential problems can hurt your organization, you have to perform an internal audit in order to find out such things. The point here is not to initiate disciplinary actions, but to take corrective and/or preventive actions.
6. Implementation: This is the process of building the security controls that will protect your organization’s information assets. Once you have taken the steps you have your controls in place, the next process that we need to design is part of getting your ISMS out of the ground is the internal audit process. Simply what an internal audit process is to allow somebody else in the organization or perhaps outside the organization to have an independent review of your management system.
7. Certification: To begin an audit, the auditor will assess whether your documentation meets the requirements of the ISO 27001 Standard and point out any areas of nonconformity and potential improvement of the management system. With perfect preparation and focus it wouldn’t take long to attain certification.